Friday, April 10, 2009

More than you know...

It turns out I am a lot stranger than I give myself credit for. I have so much on my agenda that I've little time to worry about things in which I don't need to worry about. I loved my time apart, and I'm starting to feel a little relaxed and healthy again. The only thing of which I am concerned is retaining a solid and healthy friendship with him. After some time, if circumstances allow, we can let this friendship grow deeper. But in the meantime, I would like to establish a friendly and mutual platonic friendship with him. I like being by myself. I'm enjoying my free time, and for the first time in what felt like a very long time, I can finally focus on myself again, and chase my dreams. I've put off so many things ever since I entered into a relationship. At one point, I think I may have even lost myself and lost the very things in which I held near and dear, which were my values. On the surface, the relationship seemed healthy--from the mere perspective that we were most times honest with each other and truly did care for each other, but there were far more aspects of the relationship that were far from healthy.
This time off has done wonders for me and my sanity. I can breathe. Oh my God, I can finally breathe again. Not once in the span of the last five days was I tempted to contact him in any way. I felt secure and content. I missed him every now and then, and of course, thoughts of him came fleetingly at random intervals, but not once did I look at my cell phone and thought of calling him or text-messaging him. I haven't felt as liberated as that in so long.
Dear God, I think I am getting me back...slowly and surely.

No comments: